Acramill collet

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lathe User

Established Member
Reaction score
Evening,
Has anyone come across Acramill collets? The ones I have seen are in two parts , a body and a screw collar with flat wings. I am trying to find information on a similar collet but with raised wings, can anyone provide details of a manufacturer etc ?

They were made by kennametal who are still going so you could contact their technical department.

I think they're related to Bristol Ericsson collet systems if that helps any.

An old thread, so I presume you either have an answer or have given up. If not a picture would be helpful. BSA made a milling collet chuck that took two part collets, but the collet is not anything like the Acramil in my view. So when you say 'like Acramil', in what respect? A short body with a parallel stem and small double angle front end, or simply that it comes in two pieces?
The screwed and winged element was only intended for threaded milling cutters, and not used or needed for drill or plain shank cutters, when it acts much like the DA type collets. Thus the collets were also made in sizes not within the threaded shank range.

Back