Accurate table saw for mitres ?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi everyone

My first post here , could anyone please advise me to an accurate table saw which is able to cut accurate mitres for picture framing and also will allow me to cut an angled cut to form the shape of the mold plus also allow the stock to run through the blade to cut / form the inside rebate to allow the painting to sit inside the frame ?

Any suggestions thoughts much appreciated thankyou kindly

To accurately cut mitres for picture framing you need an accurate guillotine to get all four correct, no mitre/table saw will do it accurately enough to get closed joints on a frame that is going to be inspected that closely, especially if you are using ready made moulded material and not filling and painting the joint. I use a Nobex to cut the mitre and an Axminster Guillotine to trim afterwards, important to clamp both down to a stable bench when cutting, if there was a way of using an powered machine I would use one as the Arthritis in my hands would not suffer so much.

Look here for both: https://www.axminster.co.uk/hand-tools/ ... re-framing

Latest posts

Back