accountability

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

colin allen

Reaction score
(hammer)
further to my question the other week.
as i have had not one reply to my query concerning the kity best combi i decided to contact the makers by e.mail . today is now the 10 day and no reply.
is it at all possible to give a zero rating to the sheppach/kity machine makers for there inability to give customer service when required.
for me it means that i shall never buy one of there machines again no matter how desparate i become.
i shall as always muddle through and get the job done .

Very frustrating not to be able to get responses let alone lack of information.
But remember not to confuse Distributors with Makers, most if not all marketing organizations now only buy in rebadged equipment made elsewhere, even to the point of buying the brand name and may well have no knowledge of previous equipment.
Does not excuse the lack of response from a valid e-mail address though, mind you it is often the case that a phone call gets better service than a mail query.

It is actually possible that they never received your email.
I've recently been in contact with a customer in Oz. He was getting frustrated at my lack of response. In fact, I had replied promplty to the two emails I had received, he had sent more that I never got and he did not receive the replies I did send. So it is very frustrating when that happens.
Eventually we worked it out using other email addresses and now everything is tickety-boo.
But sometimes technology is not what we would like it to be.
S

Steve, I think that's most often due to an ISP applying less than helpful spam settings., for several years BT and a couple of others refused to accept anything from our server host despite it having no adverse spam records, I guess someone did not like the owners.
Two things were very frustrating, one BT had no qualms about using the e-mail address for billing and customer contact and two they just deleted the mails to their other customers and did not report non delivery.
Another company just moved the mails to a spam folder on the customers account server address, but again did not tell them and as they never accessed their mail via a webmail they were not aware that they were there.

The servers we use changed ownership and the problems disappeared over night.

thanks lads for the heads up. i can fully understand the problems you write about .
the main problem is that the web sites state that they speak english. i cannot explain myself in german(sheppach) neither can i explain myself fully in french(kity) and i live in france. the problem is a simple one i'm sure but i cannot see it .
i do believe the e.mails get side tracked as well

Charlie Woody":149lbs1h said:
Colin
If you have a technical query a way around this might be a phone call to NMA in Yorkshire http://www.nmatools.co.uk/contactus.asp Their technical guy Allan is very knowledgable and helpful.

Absolutely agree with this Charlie...Alan is a diamond!

You can call and ask for him...he is very helpful on the phone.

In fact..NMA support Scheppach very well. I have their table saw and they have been most helpful in sorting out problems that I've had.

There is also a member here who works for NMA and is most helpful.

Jim

hi charlie, jim and everybody else,
just to let you good people out there know.
i have sent an e.mail to the nma site in yorkshire 2 days ago i haven't had a reply yet.
i have to say here and now i do not think that these so called 'branded firms' are much cop.
i do not think anybody can help me except a very expensive repair shop and i am afraid my pension will not run to that so i will fiddle this problem myself until i get it right.
and for all to know this is the last problem with the kity best combi and whilst it is a fair worker when things are going well when it doesn't 'i know where most of the bodies are buried' on the repair side,but,
i will never buy a 4in 1 kit ever again
colin

Hi Colin

I have had problems with emails I sent not getting to NMA, so I always phone and ask for Allan. Before you do anything I would still recommend phoning him. Hope you get it sorted.

Colin. The chap Jim referred to is manatnma. Search for him in the member list at the top of the page and send him a PM. Very helpful chap.

Roy

doorframe":3jtbw1hv said:
Colin. The chap Jim referred to is manatnma. Search for him in the member list at the top of the page and send him a PM. Very helpful chap.

Roy

I had a feeling that was his nickname but wasn't sure so didn't want to confuse the issue by potentially getting it wrong.

I too would PM him and phone NMA and ask for Alan....T: 01484 400 488

Jim

hi folks
just to let everybody know i have my best combi working again after all the trials .
setting the m/c up was no problem but getting it right was.
i now know most of the problems associated with a kity best combi from the basics such as three men and a boy to lift the kit from the floor to repairing electrics if you can find the spares.
i can now get back to work
thanks to all

Latest posts

Back