Access to a metal lathe

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

markblue777

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi All,
I am looking for someone who has a metal lathe or knows of a company in the Waltham Cross area (or close by) that could help me enlarge a hole in a sprocket hub holder. I am building a motor powered trike and I bought an axle assembly and realised after looking at it setup on my floor that the sprocket is too far over one side for the engine to mount correctly. So what I want to do is enlarge the existing sprocket hub so I can slide it further onto the main axle and then I can fix it in place in a better position.

I have done a search and cannot find anyone that can do it near by so far.

Failing that does anyone have any 28mm OD x 22mm ID (3mm thick wall) mild steel tubing, I need about 100 - 150mm in length

Cheers
Mark

Having thought about this, I suppose I could also drill out to a 22mm diameter. Just seem that toolstation has a 22mm HSS bit, so really just need a drill press and I should be good.

Google will tell you that it's an international "charitable" organisation which sets up workshops of various kinds open to members, and often undertaking all sorts of jobs for others. There are loads all over UK (but non in Switzerland where I live unfortunately) Something like the local govt website for your area should show if there's one near you - if not their own organisations website has lists of all of them.

Back