• We invite you to join UKWorkshop.
    Members can turn off viewing Ads!

Access Problems?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

Charley

Established Member
Reaction score
Earlier this evening (around 5:40-6:10) The UKW website was subject to a small scale attack where the web server (apache) was being sent too many requests for it to handle causing it to restart each time it reached the limit. It looks like there were only 4 events where apache restarted but if you were online at the time access may have seemed a bit intermittent.

As mentioned it was only a small attack with one IP address and as it was targeted at the forums my guess is it was some sort of automatic scanner looking for known exploits in phpBB but I will be looking further into the logs later tonight.

The IP in question was blocked as soon as I noticed what was going on. I’ve been monitoring the server for the past couple of hours and everything seems to be running fine.

If you have a trouble accessing the site I would appreciate if you could drop me an email.

Charley

Established Member
Reaction score
There was a DNS problem on the server this morning. At the moment I'm not sure if the two problems are related, I will keep everyone updated.

dedee

Established Member
Reaction score
Thanks for getting it sorted - I was getting worried for a moment that our office firewall was blocking my access.

Andy

wizer

Established Member
Reaction score
dedee":lcihaevw said:
Thanks for getting it sorted - I was getting worried for a moment that our office firewall was blocking my access.

Andy
same here