Accelerating paint drying time?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Calv

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm using some of that Flekstone spraypaint for something i'm making my girls, but being the impatient so and so i am i now have a hair dryer on it in the kitchen trying to reduce the drying time which the tin says is 4-6hrs.

Is there anything wrong with this? It won't effect the paint in anyway will it? I have'nt got the dryer too close so all its doing is blowing a gentle stream of warm (not hot) air at the paint. I'm not fussed about the finish having bits or dust blown on it as its a rock effect and you won't see it anyway.

Calv.

Calv,

You really are impatient aren't you? IIRC this is the second time you have wanted to hurry a finishing process :)

In general, it is not a good idea to try and rush finishing - disappointment is usually not far behind such attempts. Rapid drying efforts particularly can end up by skinning over a finish that then remains soft underneath and subject to all sorts of problems. It always depends on the nature of a finish and its curing chemistry - which I confess I have not researched for your stuff. However, if I were you, I would just follow the instructions on the can!

Back