Acacia Bowl and Spoon 2

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

johnny.t.

Established Member
Reaction score
The real world has kept me from being very productive lately, so I was glad to get something turned and finished today! An Acacia bowl with matching spoon, the bowl is 12" wide and the spoon 11" long. Comments and critique welcomed. More about them on my blog if anyones interested.

spoonandbowl-001b.jpg

Very nice, perfect shape.

Is that the actual colour of the acacia or did the photo colour balance change it? All the acacia I've turned has been quite green in colour.

Love the way you made the spoon out of 1 piece. Did you hollow the spoon first then turn the handle and outside, or the other way round?

I continue to be in awe of the decoration skills - and they look particularily attractive and well balanced on this piece.

Any chance of a close up of what you have done here? Ta.

Lovely job Johnny, That 11 inch propeller must have been fun !!!!

Flawless finish and a lovely piece of wood. Putting that 'brick' pattern around the bowl and handle must have driven you batty!

Thanks everyone 8) for the nice comments!

Dennis, you're gonna make me blush mate!

Mick, that's the colour of it,the piece for the spoon is particularly yellow . The spoon was turned then hollowed, if you have Augusts 'Woodturning' magazine there is a good article on making various turned spoons in that.

Jumps, sorry my camera is rubbish at close up! The design is burned in and then dyed with Chestnut spirit stains.

Hi Johnny,
That a good combination of bowl and spoon. I like the grain in the bowl and the green brickwork, a nice piece of work out of your shop.
I must say I thought you had done an excellent clean up on your workshop for the mag.
Best regards from up here in East Yorkshire
Ian

Thanks Ian :D

Turn It In":298s2aqw said:
I must say I thought you had done an excellent clean up on your workshop for the mag.

Ian, you know it always looks that tidy.............. :wink: I've been making an effort lately :)

thats brilliant!
you have inspired me to make a very similar thing but slightly smaller and in cherry :)
how tall is the bowl?
thanks

Back