Abranet

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MARK.B.

Established Member
Reaction score
Have read some pretty good revues about this stuff and will be getting a starter kit plus some disks for my ros, but there seem to be quite a large variation in prices, can you guys please tell me where the best deals are available .

Thank you :)

Mark

I've recently bought my first lot of Abranet, 150mm discs and 70mm x 125mm strips. I compared lots of retailers for price before finally buying from Southern Filters who seemed to be offering the best price around. I placed the order via the telephone and the help and advice given, as well as the service was outstanding. I can highly recommend them.

i bought from southern filters through ebay a couple of months back. I got a mixed pack which was 10 each of 80, 120, 150 or 180, 240 and 320 IIRC. My idea was to see which i used most frequently and replace with a full box of those. not sure on your ROS, but it is advised to get a "pad saver" for a few quid to save having to replace the actual pad in time which is a few quid more. I think that this is the kiddie:

http://www.southernfilters.com/product/ ... rotectors/

Hi Mark
I buy all my 150mm Abranet from e-bay, but the secret is to scan the site every now and again and buy when the price is right, and not always when you need them. a few sellers sell them not boxed but still in 50s, ive never had a problem and always get them at really good prices, the finer ones are always dearer, but nowhere the retail prices.

I've used Abranet for a few years now and I'm happy with the results, I think it's slightly coarser than other abrasives of the same nominal grit size and therefore I go one grade finer than I would with other abrasives.

Has anybody tried to use it for cutting back hard wax oil finish between coats? Just wondering if the oil will clog the grit?

Charlie Woody":1kaqt3eo said:
Has anybody tried to use it for cutting back hard wax oil finish between coats? Just wondering if the oil will clog the grit?

Charlie, one of the best things about Abranet is its resistance to clogging. The other great advantage is that because it's perforated you can connect their sanding pads to a vacuum for nearly dust free sanding. As well as woodwork I use my workshop for picture framing so I need to keep dust as low as possible to prevent getting dust specks under the glass, Abranet really helps.

Latest posts

Back