abranet, where to buy

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sunnybob

wysiwyg
Reaction score
I'm assembling a care package to be brought to me here and I am trying to find a good online price on Mirka abranet. I want 70 x 400 as an ideal, but am happy to buy a 5 metre roll if that works out cheaper.
i need 80, 180, and 240 grit.

anybody help a poor boy? :roll: 8)

toolstation sell the pads and the rolls a 2.5m roll is around £15

after a bit of surfing......
souther filters are the dearest I have found for abranet, many cheaper on ebay.

Toolstation does not appear to sell abranet. Their search engine failed three times to find any.

https://m.facebook.com/mirkacyprus/posts

It would suggest that it might be "available" locally.

AGP Trading Ltd was founded in Cyprus in 1987. As importers - distributors and representatives of a variety of products mainly in the automotive sector, we are committed to import and represent only quality name brands such as the MIRKA. This has gained us a good reputation on the market as well as the continuous support of associates and customers. Through our well structured distribution network we manage to cover the entire market, whether is directly to professionals or through retailers. Our 29year experience on the field and technical knowledge guarantees that we match the right product to your needs. We don't just sell products - we offer customers solutions

Not saying it would be cheaper, or even what you want....

I can find a registered office for agp, but no shop, no premises, no contact apart from the registered premises. weird company seems to be all about dropping names rather than actually stocking stuff. (I dont do facebook, maybe you can find something the internet isnt telling me)
Toolpost only do rolls of 800 and 1000 grit. I want 80 to 240. in 70 x 420 mm strips or a roll I can cut to that size without huge wastage.

sunnybob":1j0kb60m said:
I can find a registered office for agp, but no shop, no premises, no contact apart from the registered premises. weird company seems to be all about dropping names rather than actually stocking stuff. (I dont do facebook, maybe you can find something the internet isnt telling me)
Toolpost only do rolls of 800 and 1000 grit. I want 80 to 240. in 70 x 420 mm strips or a roll I can cut to that size without huge wastage.

I was expecting a result along the lines of, "They stock everything except what I am looking for". Not existing other than as a brass plate wasn't on the list. Weird. The only people on their Facebook page also seem to be random import/export companies. Probably some complicated russian money-laundering system. Mirka's website don't make any mention of a Cyprus export company, although they do export to Turkey, it would seem. I doubt that would help.

Best plan would be to forget I said anything. "Let us never speak of this again".

I actually got an office address in the phillipines, as well as one here.
youre right, this is not a company we have ever heard of or researched, honest.

But it is amazing how many companies are selling what I want, but not in the size that I want (unless I want to buy 50 of them, which would mean leaving a dozen or so in my will). seems ebay will have to get more of my hard earned euros.

Dibs-h":19e17g2c said:
sunnybob":19e17g2c said:
I'm assembling a care package to be brought to me here and I am trying to find a good online price on Mirka abranet. I want 70 x 400 as an ideal, but am happy to buy a 5 metre roll if that works out cheaper.
i need 80, 180, and 240 grit.

anybody help a poor boy? :roll: 8)

http://www.express-paints.co.uk/mirka-a ... -420mm-50/

That size isn't cheap unfortunately. Or in rolls,

https://www.decoratingdirect.co.uk/view ... 10_METERS/

HIH

Dibs
yes, I'm finding the same. I want a dozen or so pieces of each grit. to buy 4 grits at 50 quid a roll would mean I would never get a cooked dinner again. :roll: :roll:
I bought a 70 x 420 sanding block at the start of the year, its got extraction on it, sold for car body repair work. It suits most of what I do, so I want to stick to that size if at all possible.

Dibs, yes thats the one I bought the sanding block from. I was trying get a better price but its not happening.
Chas, that link is broken for me.

Chas, interesting, but that link to bnd still doesnt work.

yojevol, no, I want 70 x 420 size.

Phil, they are boxes of 50 each grit. i only want 10 of each grit.
i will use the cjautos on ebay as they will sell me 10 of each.

That link still does not work for me. i think it may be an international issue as i have just been surfing axminster (all fine) but cannot access any of axminster knowledge sites. i get the same "unexpectedly closed" box.

Back