Aaarrrggggghhhhhh!!!!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Frank S

Established Member
Reaction score
Having seen the wife off to her craft club,I thought I would have some shed-time.
Everything is set up and ready.Take air shield from bag and move it toward face,and there in the face piece is a bl**dy great spider!! Normally, I would shriek like a girl and throw the item as far from me as possible.However, I restrained myself (cost of replacing air shield),tipped the thing out and annihilated it with with my size elevens.
I`ve come in to use the toilet and I now sit here with a cup of coffee waiting for my jangled nerves to calm down.
I have heard all the explanations, but how can a small nasty beast like that turn the legs to jelly and the bowels to water??
Rant over, I am starting to feel better now.
F.

My mother has a fear of snakes she can't go near one and hates to see them on TV.

I find spiders fascinating, they pre-date dinosaurs.

Pete

Well Frank, I feel for you. I had a run-in with a haarskeerder/camel spider (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solifugae) in my tent while camping in South Africa. In case you're not familiar with them the camel spider is a big ugly brute, ~10cm across and can sprint at 10mph. They are however vulnerable to size 11 boots, still makes me shudder to think about it. It must be some kind of hard-wired race memory response to creepy crawlies.

>I`ve come in to use the toilet and I now sit here with a cup of coffee waiting for my jangled nerves to calm down.

That is SO unhygienic!

Limey Lurker":ewi001x7 said:
>I`ve come in to use the toilet and I now sit here with a cup of coffee waiting for my jangled nerves to calm down.

That is SO unhygienic!
Quite right.
You should never drink coffee while using your keyboard.

Ooher! I am with you there, I hate spiders too...well big ones. :oops: Had one drop on my head once while working on a car and almost gave myself concussion jumping up and flailing around like a lunatic. Went up to the house to tell SWMBO about it and she came down to the workshop picked it up and threw it outside! :shock: :oops:

I regularly get sent down to the shed and the compost bins to catch a number of spiders from very small to very large.

SWMBO uses them at work to remove peoples phobias, I guess its kill or cure.

I remember watching the wolfies in my bunk house in Australia all those many years ago, they must have been close to 6 inches across.
Then of course there was the dunny spider the redback, lol would have made you think twice about a coffee and recuperating on the dunny!!!

Rend.

Spiders never used to bother me until a few years back when one bit me on the elbow. My forearm turned black and I developed bursitis (tennis elbow). I give them a wide berth now :!:

Frank.

With you all the way with spiders, have to get the wife to deal with them, my only other living creature phobia is horses, I suppose there is a bit of logic with that, as a horse could cause a serious injury.
But why the spider phobia. :shock:

I know full well, tomorrow before using my dust mask it will be given a good shake at arms length, no, on second thoughts I will get the wife to check it for me. :oops:

Take care, from a very old wimp. :roll:

Chris R.

Seen a few interesting ones over the years. Some black widows, false widows. One summer the container yard I was working in had a couple of funnel webs (?) living in cracks in the concrete, they used to pop up out of their little web hatches when they thought something interesting was going past :shock:

Apparently that is pretty common.I can't understand it but then you probably can't either. You have my sympathy.

JustBen":we3thnrr said:
I'm scared of clowns :oops:

I take it you won't watch a certain Stephen King film then? :-" :-" :-"

stephen-king-it-clown.png

You wacky lot !!! I wasn`t sitting on the dunny drinking my coffee. I had used the dunny and then was sitting at the `puter. What a crazy bunch I`ve got involved with. !!!!!!
As for BIG spiders, I have seen some whoppers on Christmas Island in the `50s.
F.

Back