Aaaaargh!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Digit

Established Member
Reaction score
Measured for a piece of ply then picked up a different tape to set the TS!!!! :oops:
There goes my club tie!

Roy.

I normally do John, but as it happened it was supposed to be a rough cut then finish to size afterwards!
I glued a sliver into place and will recut tomorrow. Fortunately my 'deliberate' mistake won't show,

Roy.

Well maybe you never make my mistake, and use the wrong end of the rod, ending up with a door that was 3" or so too narrow!

John :mrgreen:

One mistake I'll never forget. It was when I was a child and wanted to 'help dad.'
We had just moved in and dad was painting the skirting boards and gave me a tin of paint and a smal brush. He started at the L/H side of the door and I started on the right.
It was a Victorian house with very fancy mouldings on the top of the skirting. When we met dad was less than amused to find that he had painted to the base of the moulding and I had painted to the top!

Roy.

My next was better, before fitted carpets it was a large carpet and painted floor boards on all four side.
I painted myself into a corner!

Roy.

Why the problem? Paint a door and exit the room through the door you just did, but don't forget to take copius amounts of beer so the door is real :mrgreen:

Failing that, leap from said corner onto the carpet, unless that's painted too. Or paint a staircase, no, this is getting as silly as painting yourself into a corner and who the hell would do that in a legal state of mind :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

The biggest mistake I ever made was to attempt to fix a proper light and switch into the side 'verandah' of my Dad's house. I must have been about 17, and home on leave, armed with all my electrical knowledge gleaned from courses in torpedo and weapons maintenance.

Great!

I wired the run, fitted the lamp and rose, and the switch., Connected up the switch and proudly switched on!

Boom!

Main fuse in the Meter box burned out! Not a job you can repair yourself as the meter was sealed by the electrical company. Fortunately there was an Electrical Board employee living in the avenue and he fixed the fuse and resealed the box. Cost my old Dad a few beers, for which of course I had to pay!

What had I done wrong? I had wired the switch right through both sides of the circuit instead on into the one side only.
How I did that I shall never know, but I never did it again! In fact apart from fixing the occasional plug, I never touch electrics these days. :mrgreen:

John :oops:

Back