A word of warning...Ebay seller francoisgreeff

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rileytoolworks

Established Member
Reaction score
I was looking at lathes on the bay,and came across this, which at first sight looked half decent.
Added to my watch list, and returned to look again later on.
Now, as far as I can tell, there are 3 different lathes in the pictures. In fact, the goblet rest picture has been lifted straight from another live listing.
I contacted the seller, pointing this out and asking him to clarify exactly what he's selling but I have had no reply.
His other listing has similar discrepancies.
So, I just wanted to point out to anyone who may be looking at lathes to study the pictures very carefully, as I'd hate for anyone to get ripped off.
I personally wouldn't advise handing over cash (by pay pal) before examining the lathe anyway.

Adam.

Mod Edit to Title

CHJ":1x34hdov said:
The third picture of a Poolwood 28-40 is a picture of mine put up on UKW when I first obtained it........
Are you going to report it to eBay? I think you should, this seller is obviously up to no good.

I suggest you report it to ebay Chas, I've sent the question to the seller as well as Aces but you have a legitimate complaint.

Currently trying to get e-bay to let me sign in to my account.
despite them forever sending me spam type mails they don't want to communicate with me at the moment.

May have to open new account to get their attention.

Actually ebay are very hot on copyright protection, so that's probably the best way to challenge the listing.

RogerP":2owabzfn said:
Actually ebay are very hot on copyright protection, so that's probably the best way to challenge the listing.

Only to cover their own buttocks. They don't do it for the buyer's benefit.

MMUK":33xt1xjv said:
RogerP":33xt1xjv said:
Only to cover their own buttocks. They don't do it for the buyer's benefit.
.... that's as maybe - but the result is the same - if you have a copyright infringement it get dealt with pronto.

monkeybiter":3h0k1oqz said:
Also noted no feedback as a seller, so no relevant track record.
There is a track record of sorts, He is on his FOURTH user ID since 2003

I took the precaution of copying his entry as proof of deception.
Ebay rogue.jpg

Attachments

• Ebay rogue.jpg
    Ebay rogue.jpg
    155.4 KB · Views: 1,327
winemaker":1oegccce said:
It now says This listing was ended by the seller because the item is no longer available.

Which item? All three? LOL

What I don't get is that it was collection only. Unless the address is false and some poor sucker pays up front.

Pete

Bodrighy":3k8eob4e said:
winemaker":3k8eob4e said:
It now says This listing was ended by the seller because the item is no longer available.

Which item? All three? LOL

What I don't get is that it was collection only. Unless the address is false and some poor sucker pays up front.

Pete

I think that is how the 'scam' works.
There's a fellow who lists heavy machinery, supposedly from Shetland. Same kind of thing. Photo's taken from other listings, very few details etc.
Over on Woodwork UK they have a bit of a laugh by 'asking the seller' some VERY stupid questions!

Glad it's been removed as I noted one poor sod had bid. At least they now won't get ripped off.

Adam.

Back