A word of praise for service from NMA

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shipbadger

Established Member
Reaction score
My new Scheppach TiGer 2500 turned up this week so dashed (more like staggered) off to the workshop with the new toy to see how it performed. Read the instructions (my Gran only read them as a last resort - I still remember the trial and error approach to using a pressure cooker!) but experience of things mechanical over the years has taught me to try and turn things that rotate over by hand before applying elelectricity/petrol/diesel etc. Alas it turned about 10 degrees and no more. Laid the thing on its back and tried the motor, it span but on putting it all upright again it failed to contact the rubber drive band. Heard good things about the chap at NMA on here in the past so gave them a call and put through to Alan. Phone in hand and a quick conversation revealed a missing circlip (either left off at factory or poorly fitted and pinged) allowing the motor mounting rod to slide out of place. The mounting rod slid so far out it fouled the back of the plastic drum on which the leather strop is fitted. All this in the early afternoon. Next morning an envelope arrived with replacements for the circlip and the spring which was damaged by the motor coming adrift. We often see postings where things don't always run as we would hope but in this case I'd just like to thank Alan for his help over the phone and the obvious speed at which the parts were despatched.

Tony Comber

Yes I too have found Allan to very knowledgable and extremely helpful. I had problems with a planer / thicknesser and not being mechanically minded I could not have sorted it out without the fantastic help he gave.

Latest posts

Back