A WIP, not.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sunnybob

wysiwyg
Reaction score
I have again failed miserably at recording the progress of my latest project. Again, because I screwed up the measurements not once but twice and have modified each and every bit to make it work. Apologies to any who might have been interested in a step by step.
The memsahb was given a set of 6 small bhudda statues as an xmas present, and it fell to me find a way of displaying them that did not make them dust harbours on a long shelf.
I made the basic triangular frame from beech, then discovered it wasnt deep enough so I added a maple moulding. Then I realised that the mitre angles weren't very strong so I added three bubinga splines to each. Just about to finish it and decided that two of the three angles were really bad and very gapped. So I added a couple of bubinga wing tips.
The backing is 12 mm ply with black flocking. The statuettes stand on bubinga shelves that are through mortised (are you impressed MikeG o_O )
The sides are finished with several coats of wipe on poly. I even had to make my own brass hanger clip for the back.

Only when it was on the wall and I thought it looked nice did I think to take some pictures.
No hand tools (apart from sanding blocks) were harmed in the making.
IMG_2973.JPG
IMG_2976.JPG

I did get that comment during the build.
I started off with the idea of a 16 sided circle, but that failed miserable as I could not get consistantly good angles, so I binned the scrap from that and lowered my ambitions. :cool:

Latest posts

Back