A wine goblet

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MattF

Established Member
Reaction score
IMAG0027.jpg
I had a go at doing a goblet after inspiration from seeing Gordon's Goblet hell its not to the same standard

Matt

Attachments

• IMAG0028.jpg
    IMAG0028.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 930
  • IMAG0027.jpg
    IMAG0027.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 956
But it is a goblet. Is it the very first one??

If so, its a darn sight better than my first one. That long ago provided a little heat on the woodburner.

What's the wood?

It looks pretty good to me. Not sure what I am seeing though, the stem is darker, is that a trick of the light or a different wood or what ?

It's a piece of Walnut branch it fell off the tree about 6 months back and has been on the pile to be cut up since it fell foul of me and the chainsaw on Saturday so its still a bit green.

This is the second one I have had a go at the first is a lot smaller and very basic more of a bantam egg cup size.

Thank you for the nice comments

Matt

Hi Matt, nice goblet, looks to have a nice shape and a good contrast between the heartwood and sapwood

chill":1fc2ct93 said:
good contrast between the heartwood and sapwood

Doh.....< insert thick smilie > Of course, thats why the stem is a different colour. The difference is quite striking.

If that is your second attempt it is very good and I look forward to seeing some more you seem a very promising turner keep em coming

Hi Eugene
if your on about the one on the left in Gordon's photo :shock: I have a long way to go yet when I do have a go I will post a pick :|

Regards Matt

Thank you Woody I have got the day off on Friday so there could be a picture up on Saturday have got to make some coaster's for a friend so it could be them but they will be a bit plain with only a groove on the top

regards Matt

There are wine glass shapes, goblets and chalices [and probably more], I'd say that's heading toward a chalice [wider I think] and as such it looks great, especially the wood choice.

Back