a way of saving £45.99

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
But you won't get the fancy red bits on the end of the wire and the laser engraving, how would you manage without those?

HappyHacker":2fcfcp8s said:
But you won't get the fancy red bits on the end of the wire and the laser engraving, how would you manage without those?

It appears to be the.. ahem.. the thingies from guitar strings.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-06-10 at 14.48.03.png
    Screen Shot 2019-06-10 at 14.48.03.png
    222.2 KB · Views: 637
phil.p said:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Easy-Wood-Tools-Burning-12901/dp/B07QMTT77K/ref=sr_1_6?keywords=easy+wood+easy+wire+burning+kit&qid=1560169633&s=gateway&sr=8-6

Interesting to see that they are marked "Made in America" rather than "Made in the USA".

Is there a town in China called America I wonder?

Martin.

That company was at Makers Central, I saw those little wire burners and did gasp abit. They also were selling some stupidly long hollowing chisel, one was almost a meter from base to tip. That's probably okay in 'Murica where you have a workshop the size of an aircraft hanger but good luck using that in a little shed.

Their lathe chuck looked decent, it was spring loaded so you could change the jaws in about 5 seconds or so. But as a downside you'd have to buy all their jaws as they obviously only fit that chuck.

Spence":2un09qsp said:
long hollowing chisel, one was almost a meter from base to tip. That's probably okay in 'Murica where you have a workshop the size of an aircraft hanger but good luck using that in a little shed.

You could open the door or window :lol:

For the price of the chuck you could buy three chuck bodies and very rarely need to change jaws at all.
.....and the £45.99 wire looked rather short to me. Perhaps you could fit your own wire - and make your own handles. Oh yes, that's where this thread started!
Duncan

Latest posts

Back