A VERY worrying history? Bad joints!?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm not sure whether to be more concerned that Mr Buck was a surgeon using this to perform mitred amputations or that he couldn't spell hospitle.

Benchwayze":tmq4wyh2 said:
Yep. Matthew is correct. Most of us know there are two letter 't's in Hospittle! :lol:

Go stand in the corner than man!!! :mrgreen:

Doesn't beat my Freecycle email this week...and I kid you not...

"Free to a good home - Mahogany Chester Draws"

:shock: :roll:

Jim

Not at all worrying!

It's obvious that Mr Buck the surgeon made and fitted wooden legs. He had an arrangement with Mr Hickman to supply the bolts to hold them on with, and they later went on to form a very successful ironmongery business. So successful that Mr Buck gave up making wooden legs, and thus no longer needs his mitre saw.

Cheshirechappie":30ke01r3 said:
Not at all worrying!

It's obvious that Mr Buck the surgeon made and fitted wooden legs. He had an arrangement with Mr Hickman to supply the bolts to hold them on with, and they later went on to form a very successful ironmongery business. So successful that Mr Buck gave up making wooden legs, and thus no longer needs his mitre saw.

NOW it all becomes clear! And is probably the reason we pay an arm and a leg for their tools on Ebay!

Brilliant CC! Simply brilliant! :mrgreen:

Jim

jimi43":2dt3fby9 said:
Benchwayze":2dt3fby9 said:
Yep. Matthew is correct. Most of us know there are two letter 't's in Hospittle! :lol:

Jim

I seem to remember 'Chester' had a gammy leg, wasn't very fast on the draw and was always calling for 'Mister Dillon!'
Or am I really that old?

(Rav Wilding says 'Hospittull, so maybe that's the way to spell it? :D )

That's nowt Jimi...if you want to see some eye wateringly fearsome :shock: :shock: :shock: surgical tools, have a nose round here next time you're in Londres...the wooden operating table has some deep transverse scores in it!

Just don't go for a tea shop treat afterwards 8-[ :-& - Rob

Benchwayze":sqxv5cgl said:
jimi43":sqxv5cgl said:
Benchwayze":sqxv5cgl said:

Jim

I seem to remember 'Chester' had a gammy leg, wasn't very fast on the draw and was always calling for 'Mister Dillon!'

(Rav Wilding says 'Hospittull, so maybe that's the way to spell it? :D )

Or am I really that old?

The Big Yin: "If it wasn't for yer Wellies, where would you be? You'd be in the Hospitail or in the Infairmyoury"

Back