A very simple 'old' candle holder

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

superunknown

Established Member
Reaction score
I don't really get the chance for many projects, as there always seems to be other things that take up my time lately.

I did squeeze in a simple little candle holder this week. Inspired by something similer I saw at a friends house over christmas.

This was an off cut left over from a table made from reclaimed oak. I thought it was too nice to waste as it had some lovely colours made by time. All I have done is distressed it and given it 1 coat of wax.

That looks lovely Nola. Just the thing to make the in laws for next christmas (they have enough jewellery boxes now :wink: :D )

Wow. That's very simple yet very impressive! Gives one some ideas . . .

How did you distress it (besides the obvious "beat the rubbish out of it" :) ) ?

The finish looks awesome.

Thank you for the kind words ;)

ydb1md -

Rasped to get it un-even, raked out odd parts of the end grain with a sharpened scraper (one of the triangle paint scrapers) scraped it with a cabinet scraper. 100 grit sanded, stoned with a sharpened flint, 180 sandpaper and a coat of wax buffed with a brush :)

I did exaggerate the natural splits a bit too.

Latest posts

Back