Quantcast

A Tough One to Write

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

mn pete

Established Member
Reaction score
We just returned from Maryland a couple days ago. We laid my Dad to rest at Arlington National Cemetery on August 30th after having lost him on July 26th. He was my mentor in everything, including woodworking, so you're reading the words of one very broken-hearted boy.

This is one of my lengthier posts, but I wanted to share a sampling of Dad's woodworking. He wasn't active in the online community aside from browsing the occasional forum from time to time.

http://secondwindworkshop.blogspot.com/ ... d-dad.html

Paul Chapman

Established Member
Reaction score
Just read that piece on your blog, Pete. It was lovely. What a lot of wonderful memories to treasure.

Cheers :wink:

Paul

devonwoody

Established Member
Reaction score
mmpete. I have read your post and link and can sincerely say I understand your loss and that of all your family.

MickCheese

Established Member
Reaction score
Pete

I read your eulogy with a tear in my eye. It was very moving but most of all it made me sad at the loss of my own father more than 20 years ago at the age of just 52.

I am now 53, it does not seem as old now as it did when he died and I was in my late 20s.

Thank you for sharing.

Mick

Tom K

Established Member
Reaction score
Grief is like a sharp hard edged stone, hold it tight and it will cut you, lay the stone in a stream of memory. The passage of time and the waters flow will leave you with a smooth pebble comforting to hold like all the best remembered times with Dad.

woodbloke

Established Member
Reaction score
Tom K":2jkap7hv said:
Grief is like a sharp hard edged stone, hold it tight and it will cut you, lay the stone in a stream of memory. The passage of time and the waters flow will leave you with a smooth pebble comforting to hold like all the best remembered times with Dad.
Agreed - Rob

pip1954

Established Member
Reaction score
hi pete i would like to say how sorry i am for you and your family loss, he must have been a fantastic dad, i can only hope when my time comes that my boys could speak of me in the way you spoke of your father.
all the best
pip

Lee Brubaker

Established Member
Reaction score
Pete: True love is a rare treasure & you have demonstrated that you possess it. Thank you so much for sharing your feelings.

Lee

Latest posts