A Tale of Two Orders

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DaveL

Established Member
Reaction score
Thought you might like to hear this tale :roll:

On the 4 April a Sunday afternoon I placed two orders both for about £50 of goods, one with Screwfix and the other with Axminster.

I had two emails from Screwfix, the first confirming the order and then to my surprise a Despatch Confirmation time at 17:33 Sunday :D . (The web site had said the order would be delivered on Tuesday.)

When I got home on Monday I had an emails from Axminster saying delivery was 2 to 3 days but one item would be 3 weeks as it was out of stock. :(

When I got home on Tuesday there is a card for a failed delivery, ah Screwfix I think.

When I got home on Wednesday two parcels, both from Axminster, the whole of my order in two shipments. :D

On Saturday I rang Screwfix. Oh the chap says we have your order here the couriers could not find you. He could offer no reason why they had not tried to contact me, but said I would have the order on Tuesday.

Tuesday came and went, no order. I rang again. Oh we have your order here the woman says. I was some what cross but stayed calm. You will have your order on Thursday I am promised.

OK no prises for guessing the order did not turn up :x

I rang again on Friday, they can't understand why I don't have the order. what can I say :?:

Just to top it off I checked my barclay card account, yes thats right they took the money on the 4th.

lmao, i always pay for next day delivery then i know i will alwys get it on that day!

sorry to here about screwfix! they say they aim to deliver the next day but when i ring up its like...oh....it should be with u in 3/4 days time!

never mind though, they got their money soon enough! i think u should complain...then u might get a freeby!! :p

Tom

You only have to read the forum at Screwfix to see that yours is not an isolated case. Especially over the last year. Their deliveries have been getting worse & paying for a Saturday or next day delivery is no guarantee, especially if it comes by ANC.
http://www.screwfix.com/talk/index.jspa
There are numerous topics about poor delivery in the various forums

word of warning. Make sure when buying on line that the company you deal with has a published phone no.I'm in dispute with dabs.com at the moment but I have to rely on them answering my emails,which they don't except with a computer generated reply.It's very frustrating to be told that they haven't received faulty goods back when Parcel Force insists they have delivered.Can't phone ,no number listed.

Jaymar,

I have returned something to dabs.com (my mistake not theirs) and I did manage to get through on the phone - so keep trying. I have noticed their "reputation" (search on internet) appears to be getting worse, as they get bigger - happens to lots of companies it seems.

Perhaps Lee Valley could start running courses on how to maintain a good website based business!

Adam

Jaymar

If you are in dispute with Dabs.com (or any other retailer) and you have paid by credit card, contact your card issuer and advise them you are in dispute and why. They will send you a form to complete and should put the transaction on "Hold", temporarily removing it from your credit card statement, until resolved. Advise Dabs by e-mail and snail mail (recorded) as to the action you have taken. Your card issuer must effect a "charge back" to Dabs, if Dabs can't resolve this.

Jaymar,

I've dealt with Dabs for years without any real problems, although I don't doubt they're having more trouble as they get bigger. Adam's right about the general trend (I used to love Amazon in the early days but my last half-dozen orders have been screwed in one way or another).

Anyway, Dabs are based in Bolton so getting numbers from directory enquiries shouldn't be too difficult.

I have just received three emails from dabs.The first said my card had been credited,the second said i would get a credit in a few days and the third contains an invoice for goods ordered.They are a real shambles.I too have dealt with them in the past but this is the last time.I bought a scanner which was dead,on dabs instructions I contacted Canon,the engineer agreed it was dead but dabs just ignore any emails and send out repeat computer generated replies. Thanks for reading my rant, I feel better already.

Latest posts

Back