A super weekend

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

devonwoody

Established Member
Reaction score
Just returned from a short break, which I had to curtail, but had a super weekend.

If you would like a break with a difference try this.

My sister dropped me at Enfield (N.London) bus terminal on Saturday morning 09.00.

Caught the 329 bus to Wood Green, (where I used to live 75 years ago), changed to the 29 bus route which is really is the 329 renumbered to start from WG.

Changed to the 43 bus at Holloway which took us to London Bridge,(stops on the bridge).

Caught the RV1 to the Millennium Bridge stop and walked the bridge.

Back on the RV! to the London Eye, but happy to watch the wheel go round.

Back on the RV1 to Covent Garden, and dropped a 50 piece into a buskers guitar box after a reel performance of London Town.

Walked to Trafalgar Square (around 5 minutes) and caught the 29 bus back to Wood Green and then on to Enfield and the total cost was NOTHING.

Total 6 hours. Ought to have caught the bus upto Alley Palley, and done some more courting, but the wife would not let me!

So if you can get a cheap weekend hotel in a London suburb and want a good day out on your pensioner bus pass, its a real good day, especially last Saturday, I got sun burnt.

Link to buses. http://www.tfl.gov.uk/tfl/gettingaround/maps/buses/

and here http://www.tfl.gov.uk/modalpages/2605.aspx

Thanks Woody,

I was merely pondering. I can't recall now if I walked from Wood Green Tube, to Ally Pally. It's been a few years since I went to any woodwork shows! Maybe I caught the 'bus. :D Or maybe I was flush, and got a cab! :lol:

Benchwayze":22clgqbi said:
Thanks Woody,

I was merely pondering. I can't recall now if I walked from Wood Green Tube, to Ally Pally. It's been a few years since I went to any woodwork shows! Maybe I caught the 'bus. :D Or maybe I was flush, and got a cab! :lol:

I walked it twice a day for 11 years, I lived in Palace Gates Road.

Back