A step forward

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

After a month or so practising on B&Q pine not a cheap way to practice i have been making show cases for my metal detecting finds and after some of the guy,s have seen them they want me to make them one about 7 in all . The thing is i don't know what wood to use i don't like the finish from the bnq pine when i stain it up i was thinking of dark /red wood but no sure what i should use i love walnut but think it may be a bit too expensive for me as i am on a very tight budget it is that tight it squeaks when i try to use it . Any ideas would be most helpfull . I thought about putting an add in my local rag like i have just done for some kitchen units and now have enough to completely fit my hut out . so i thought about asking for old wardrobes so i can strip em down and use that .
or should i buy new
thanks lee

how are you finishing the bandq pine?

Do you have some pics of what you have done so far?

lee go to your wood merchant ask for unsorted red wood sort out some nice bits with no knots or twists its all planed so just cut and glue then stain it with mahogany stain it will look the part .

i have tried staining it with diff types of staines it just is not wat i want the pic is one i stained with i think it was light oak that is the best one but when i try a darker stain it just looks taky
i cant seem to find the post a pic on here

Back