A sort of wood project...

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Your examples are not what I mean by a French daybed. I mean one like an ordinary bed with bedhead and tailboard both tall and fixed. Second hand ones are cheap when they come up. Under £500.

I agree with Gog64 about strength. I don't think your plywood design will last long with a strong and restless adult male. I don't want to go into details but I have some experience of this. We ended up making a sleigh bed with sloping tall sides and a similar back. The front had a removable metal frame that was held on with the kind of drop release bolts used on lorry trailers.

Anyway, you seem set on your course and ridicule other ideas so I will drop out now and wish you well with it and your son.

"ridicule"? what?

Your examples are not what I mean by a French daybed. I mean one like an ordinary bed with bedhead and tailboard both tall and fixed. Second hand ones are cheap when they come up. Under £500.

I agree with Gog64 about strength. I don't think your plywood design will last long with a strong and restless adult male. I don't want to go into details but I have some experience of this. We ended up making a sleigh bed with sloping tall sides and a similar back. The front had a removable metal frame that was held on with the kind of drop release bolts used on lorry trailers.

Anyway, you seem set on your course and ridicule other ideas so I will drop out now and wish you well with it and your son.
"ridicule"?
please show me where so I can apologise.

Back