A Sign From God....???

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Michel,

I have a source who visited Tilgear just before Christmas and reported seeing one of the new cap irons on a #4 1/2 they had. As Tilgear had just had a fresh shipment in from L-N the previous week, perhaps they are now shipping with the new one? FWIW (not much)

Cheers, Alf

P.S. It could be that APTC might understand the term "cap iron" rather than the 'Murricanism of "chip breaker" btw. But then again, maybe not... :wink:

P.P.S. Could there have been a certain amount of reading of F&C going on by any chance? :lol:

Hi Alf :) ,

P.P.S. Could there have been a certain amount of reading of F&C going on by any chance?

yes you guessed right, :lol:

was quite interesting to hear about the new L-N chipbreaker (cap iron) seems like a better version to me (smoother blade adjustment).

Rgds

Michel

I donno if this is anything to go by.. but compared to the Stanleys I have, the L-N adjusters are both effortless and reponsive.... VERY responsive...

the #7 doesn't take any chit I tell ya... breezed through stacks of half inch boards... planing their edges...ganged 4 wide.....

Hey Guys,
As regards the new L-N chipbreakers, on the website you can order new planes with then as an optional extra. ( and rosewood handles too!!) Obviously, you can buy the chipbreaker as an add-on as well.
regards,
Philly

Latest posts

Back