A sad tale of the one that got away

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
RobinBHM":w6cdbq88 said:
Mr_P":w6cdbq88 said:
Good point, might be an idea to ask the mods to delete it.

However Robin has just revealed your chances of justice are very slim.

Even if the police ask for his address they will get his old polish one and no further action can be taken.

Thats what I was thinking

Mmmm....might not be the case.

I do think it would be best to delete the thread however..just in case!

Jimi

There's not much sympathy in this thread for poor old ******, who didn't know
any better than to list a Norris for BIN £8.00.

BugBear

Richard, drop a mod a line if you want this thread to disappear for a while.
Have you confirmed that the plane was sold at the Welsh vegetable auction? If it was would do no harm to inform them that the item was stolen and that the police are involved.
As alluded to earlier, get your teeth into this and push it as far as you can. No doubt this bloke and others do it on a regular basis. You might end up getting something out of it, a plane or satisfaction.

We could set up a "sting" operation to catch him..............

People like that make my blood boil! :evil:

I also suggest pursuing this to the end.

And if you get it back, is it too soon to offer you £10 for it? Alright, £15? :D

May I suggest deleting/hiding this thread, and not for legal reasons.

If "people" are trying to catch him, there's some rather helpful information in this thread that the bad guy could find by just googling his own eBay name. This forum is indexed in real time by google.

BugBear

He didn't sell it at an auction he sold it at "Welsh vegetable antique collectors fair" so that could involve at best case scenario a dozen stalls and worst case hundreds of em.

Maybe just delete the names from the thread as mentioned if he googles his name this thread comes up near the top.

Richard, if you want names etc deleted, just say.

Suspect's username - I-X-L-L-E-Q-N-L-K-X-L-L

Move each letter one to the right on the alphabet. Other words/locations in the thread have been *'d out or in crafty code....
All very exciting.

Noel":38rhysq0 said:
Other words/locations in the thread have been *'d out or in crafty code....
Hmm, Welsh "vegetable" fair. When I write something dodgy it gets turned into "pineapple". I think the moderators on here maybe have a fruit and vegetable fetish. :mrgreen:

I hope the OP takes action and the ratbag gets caught.

However, if you do get your plane back Richard, I hope you'll consider a donation to some charity. Mr Ixlleqnlkxll may have illegally stolen the plane, but at £8, that was a bit of a steal too (albeit legal).

Cheers, Vann.

Not trying to sound negative but might I add that Google cache keeps old "versions" of web content for an indefinite amount of time... This thread may still pop up under a search for that username.
Just so you know :roll:

Checked earlier, it does. Pity, but hopefully he'll not Google his username.

Back