A radical suggestion ?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

woodieallen

Established Member
Reaction score
OK...yes...I know that this is an Off-Topic sub-forum BUT......

There are some topics that are binary. You like it or you loathe it. Conservative v Labour. Brexit v Remain. And more recently Monarchy v Republican. Nothing anyone will say will make any of us change our positions. So, if like this weekend there is an event that brings enjoyment to millions of people and you don't agree with it then please...why post ? Why drag it down ?

So next time there is a binary thread that you don't agree with then please...just STFU. You want to start a thread extolling the Jarrow marchers then fine. We'll keep quiet. And in return if there is some event that you don't believe in then go and do some woodworking.

Aren’t you worried that everyone completely opposes your suggestion and you won’t ever know because we are all STFU?

There are some topics that are binary. You like it or you loathe it. Conservative v Labour. Brexit v Remain. And more recently Monarchy v Republican. Nothing anyone will say will make any of us change our positions. So, if like this weekend there is an event that brings enjoyment to millions of people and you don't agree with it then please...why post ? Why drag it down ?

So next time there is a binary thread that you don't agree with then please...just STFU. You want to start a thread extolling the Jarrow marchers then fine. We'll keep quiet. And in return if there is some event that you don't believe in then go and do some woodworking.
Physician, heal thyself.

Not binary at all; the monarchy touches on many fundamental and unresolved issues.
In any case when this lot are disposed of we could have a republican weekend celebration instead! Would expect you to be there waving a union jack as usual - I'm sure nobody would mind. :LOL:

I think this sums up the problem with life. Politics shouldn't be binary. Personally, I think the current shower are appalling, but that doesn't mean I think every Tory, or every Tory principle is wrong, or that every Labour idea is correct. How much time is wasted in the petty bickering of our two-party system? Surely there must be some alternative?

I think I was clear that I have conflicting views on the monarchy - both for and against. I don't find it difficult to hold two (or more ) mutually exclusive ideas in my head at the same time.

For example, I hold the following to be universal truths:

"Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent ", but also "Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.”

By the way, your flag is upside down. The US military know which way up the flag goes, as do the Azov Battalion.

upside-down-ukraine-flag.png

azov-patch-antsiuvas-b8505a.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back