A quick hello

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Graigmerched

Established Member
Reaction score
Just thought I'd say hello after just joining today. I've been turning on and off for around 40 years but only seriously for the last 10. Never too young to learn new things though.

Hello Boyo

welcome to the forum

As a lad I went to watch Swansea play at the vetch field ground , with the Gummersall brother playing

Also spent lots of time on Mumbles pier fishing :mrgreen:

Hello and welcome, 40 yrs. experience wow I should think that the only thing you will get on here are questions :lol:
Here is a starter what kind of lathe do you own .

I'm doing a lot of piercing work lately. Here's one I did late last year.

Attachments

• Pierced bowl resized.jpg
    Pierced bowl resized.jpg
    235.3 KB · Views: 732
Hi, and welcome to the forum. Good to have another member from the green country (even if it is only mine by adoption!!

welsh-flag-large-anim.gif

Your pierced bowl looks beautiful - did it all come from a single piece of timber or is the lid from a separate piece altogether?

If you can create such superb items, you are going to put many of us to shame, I'm afraid - we all aspire to your standards, but some of us do not have 40 years experience!!

Mike.

In Reply to Mike. The lid is a piece of mahogany and the base is a piece of an old beech railway sleeper. Here is a picture of the base on its own.

Attachments

• Pierced bowl base resized.jpg
    Pierced bowl base resized.jpg
    224 KB · Views: 717
This is my first time of posting but I have been watching the forums for a long time now.

What a beautiful piece of work. How do you pierce it like that?

Reply to Matt.

The piercing is done freehand using a dremel tile cutter bit and nerves of steel :p

Regards

Steve

Thank you for telling me I better not let SWMBO see it it will be another thing on my list of things to try and make have only been turning a couple of week's so I'm on a steep learning curve

Regards Matt

Latest posts

Back