A quick hello

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NickV

Reaction score
Thought I would say hello.
Did advanced Cab. making course and dip HE in Furniture design about 15 years ago. Wanted to set up a business but met a lady who was earning a decent wage so I stayed at home to bring up the kids.
Kept my hand in a bit though and have made the odd thing over the years. Just getting back into it now a couple of days a week. (now I have a roof, doors and windows in my workshop!)
I am no expert and am better at the machining than the hand work,I am lucky enough to have few old Sedgewick machines, although I don't mind cutting a few dovetails now and again by hand(don't look too close).
The current project is a kitchen made from ash. The place down the road kiln dries the ash used for Morgan cars and sells on the waste as firewood. I managed to buy a load of it in usable lengths for a kitchen so have been making up panels over the winter for doors, drawers, and a free standing unit.
I'm sending the wife and kids away for a couple of days at Easter so I can get the plumbing done and the sink units fitted.I'll post some pictures once its done.

Nick

Welcome to the maddest ,rowdiest and funnest woodworking forum on the net Nick. If you have questions to ask you got the answers here. Right or wrong , the answers will be here. You get to decide which is which, as it should be in my opinion. If we was always right then it would be a boring old world , n"est pas? Be sure to check out the asylum level just south of general woodworking. Bring popcorn and just watch us go on such subjects as the importance of angles in sharpening. See the wild world of bootfair gloating. Kick back and choose a side of an issue and then weigh in on it. The best discussion this side of the great beyond. In short , welcome to the nuthouse amigo, hop in , the waters fine.

Welcome Nick. If you have a question make sure you are precise,
there are a few on here who like to misconstrue and fly off at a
tangent . :oops: :lol: :mrgreen:
All in a good nature d way .
Roger.

Back