A Question about Ian's infill article

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Frank D.

Established Member
Reaction score
A question for Ian Dalziel or anyone else that can fill me in: has the article on building the Shepherd jointer appeared in GWW yet? I will be starting a build binge soon and want to collect all the resources I can. I checked out the GWW web site, or web page, or ad, and have no clue as to what's in the current issue nor whether I can get back issues. I certainly can't get a hold of it here in Canada (as opposed to F&C which is relatively easy to find). Anyway, any info appreciated. Thanks,
Frank

Hi Frank,
I'm not sure the article will be published now....there have been changes at GWW and i think this project is too metalworky for them....shame really as it would have made an interesting article. Pm me your details and i'll send what i have.

I have returned to work and if i i am slow at responding please bear with me

Ian

Ian Dalziel":3liqsv0n said:
Hi Frank,
I'm not sure the article will be published now....there have been changes at GWW and i think this project is too metalworky for them.

Now that would be a shame, I was very much looking forward to that.

On a completely difference topic I was reading F&C the other day, and their article or "review" of the Veritas range and couldn't help thinking it wasn't a stitch on ALF's reviews.

Adam

Ian Dalziel":15rwybgq said:
I'm not sure the article will be published now...
Oh woe, woe and thrice woe! That's a real shame, Ian. :( Are you going to try any of the other mags? 'Cos if not, and there's any chance at all of getting the info out there for the infill-making public, maybe we could sort something out and get it online somewhere?

Adam, I was horrified they only had one #80 between seven of them. :shock: I thought scrapers were the one hand tool even modern professionals could see the sense in. #-o

Cheers, Alf

Too bad about the article Ian. I'll take you up on your offer though, very kind of you, I'll send you a pm. I like Alf's suggestion about getting it on line, if nothing else finally comes of it.

I would definitely like to see the article on the web if it doesn't get published. The more infill building articles the better.

Wendell

Frank,

I've run across GWW at Chapters book store from time to time. They don't seem to get every issue, but, they do get most of them.

Brent

Thanks Guys and girls for the encouragement....all might not be lost..Nick said he might look at running it...he has to talk to the team

a bit of encouragement from the good people on here might help

i am also currently working with Alf on trying to get it on the web but i think its a couple of weeks away.

I've had a bit of encouragement from konrad Sauer and a certain Mr Holtey and will hopefully be starting to make my own planes shortly. Karl gave me permission to try his no 98 so i'm looking forward to trying that

regards
Ian

Ian Dalziel":7oe9mslh said:
i am also currently working with Alf on trying to get it on the web but i think its a couple of weeks away.
After which subtle kick up the posterior, I've finally proof-read/edited - check your email, Ian. :D

Cheers, Alf

Great news Ian, both for the article and for the encouragement to start making your own planes. I'm tellin' you these plane makers seem to be very nice people, helping each other out all the time, it never ceases to amaze me. Don't scratch that 98 though... :lol: Keep us posted on how things go.
(and now we all know what Alf was doing between 7:32 and 9:17 :wink: )
Frank

Welcome, Pete. :D I'm in awe of all the tools you've made; I feel very inadequate. How Philly must feel, give the MDF plane, I can only imagine... :wink: :lol:

Cheers, Alf

Pete,
Welcome! Great planes - but please don't post anymore, I am starting to get the itch to make one and I haven't got the time :lol: :oops: so I definitely shouldn't be encouraged to look down that particular slope!

Welcome Pete,
Very nice =D> i like the scraper plane...well thought out

unlike Chris i'd like to see more

Ian

Latest posts

Back