A prop for sander

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

devonwoody

Established Member
Reaction score
an Australian friend of mine led me to doing this. Its a prop to hold sander table stable at 90 degrees, (I suppose other settings could be done as well)

13w.jpg

Attachments

• 13w.jpg
    13w.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 1,473
I found myself using this solution on my Clarke sander the other day. I suspect it is basically the same machine as the Record in the picture above but with different coloured paint! The table locking mechanism really is terrible and the table support very flimsy.
Has anyone managed a more permanant solution or modification? I'd be eternally grateful for any tips.

bodge":3rog34t7 said:
I found myself using this solution on my Clarke sander the other day. I suspect it is basically the same machine as the Record in the picture above but with different coloured paint! The table locking mechanism really is terrible and the table support very flimsy.
Has anyone managed a more permanant solution or modification? I'd be eternally grateful for any tips.

Purchase a more expensive sander?????????? :)

:lol: Indeed. Unfortunately getting sign off for the first one from 'er indoors was difficult enough, I'm sure a replacement so soon would meet with some resistance!
In all seriousness though, I think I need to give it a proper coat of looking at and see what can be done. Right now using the disc is a very hit and miss affair.

mine I use an engineers square to set the vertical and block holds position, horzontal use the gauge again and adjust.

Make sure self tapping screws are firm.

Latest posts

Back