A nice tease by Rob Lee . . . .

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi -

Mittlefehldt":2stcn137 said:
(snip) ...but I was wondering since I bought my made in England router plane from my local Lee Valley Store, if they had a trade in plan. :roll:

Yup - we'll trade cash for planes.... :lol: :lol: !

Mittlefehldt":2stcn137 said:
(snip)Speaking of which is there a plough plane in the future as well, interested people want to know....

Hard to say exactly which one is next - there are a few choices. A plough plane is on the list...

Cheers -

Rob

Alf":16ztu15r said:
Rob Lee":16ztu15r said:
Hard to say exactly which one is next - there are a few choices. A plough plane is on the list...
Now there's a list I'd like to see...

Cheers, Alf

Think of a bunch of fridge magnets, where everyone who walks by the fridge changes the order..... :lol: :lol:

R&D meeting in 93 minutes... so the order will likely change again...

Cheers -

Rob

Rob Lee":2jp5joqs said:
Alf":2jp5joqs said:
Rob Lee":2jp5joqs said:
Now there's a list I'd like to see...
Think of a bunch of fridge magnets, where everyone who walks by the fridge changes the order..... :lol: :lol:
Okay, so it's a fridge I'd like to see then... and possibly rearrange... :wink:

Cheers, Alf

Rob Lee":1j75bupj said:
That's the list I see when I have nightmares..... :lol:
Damn! I'll just have to buy the Veritas shaves instead :wink:

Cheers,
Neil

Rob Lee":e8qoksqq said:
That's the list I see when I have nightmares..... :lol:

I'm sure there were nightmares at first. Trying to gauge the market's need and ability to support two manufacturers with extensive lines of quality hand tools might have been a gamble at first.

But I'd bet money that as the selection of Veritas woodworking tools has grown, the base of loyal, repeat buyers has grown markedly.

Once you buy a tool that you like from a manufacturer, it's nice to be able to buy from them again when you have a need for another tool. Who doesn't want to assemble a "family" of planes from their favorite manufacturer?

The only hard choice for the woodworker now is choosing which company's family of planes you want to "adopt." Most of us don't have the funds to have both. :(

How often do people suggest #51/#52 a-likes?!

Oh, by the way, I know what you mean about priorities.

At one office I worked in we had the following priority levels:

* urgent
* vital
* first
* A

That could be used as appropriate... :)

BugBear

Rob let drop a fragment of the list elsewhere, fwiw.

Rob 'Call me Mr Tease' Lee on Wood Central":2v8szb8h said:
Our rabbet solutions will have skewed blades, as well as the requisite nickers and fences....

An' that's all you're getting out of me on that topic, 'till we're a bit closer...
Possibly not a particularly surprising piece of information, but don't say you didn't know.

Cheers, Alf

Alf":3jndvpo2 said:
Rob 'Call me Mr Tease' Lee on Wood Central":3jndvpo2 said:
Our rabbet solutions will have skewed blades, as well as the requisite nickers and fences....
An' that's all you're getting out of me on that topic, 'till we're a bit closer...

Solutions meaning left & right, big & little??? :-k

To hear is to obey*. :D (3.27 was my time btw)

Cheers, Alf

*Obviously if Mr Holtey is a reader and objects to it being made into a jigsaw I'll remove it at once.

Alf":1rjhd9i4 said:
To hear is to obey*. :D (3.27 was my time btw)
Cheers, Alf
*Obviously if Mr Holtey is a reader and objects to it being made into a jigsaw I'll remove it at once.

Oh, I would think he would appreciate his planes being sawn to bits and reassembled...

btw, it takes the site 3.25 to solve it itself...my time was a bit slower.

Latest posts

Back