A new table saw please sir?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gents,
I have just done a test on one and fitted it to my Unisaw's mobile base which is similar in size to Phillys saw and its fine, great piece of kit there is also provision for it to be fixed to a ceiling which comes with it, i think its out next issue

regards
Ian

Ian,

Fitted to 50" rails? And it doesn't droop? Any extra bracing? The basket sits above the table? The boom is parallel to the table? No bouncing about at the slightest touch????

Rgds

Noel?

Hi All,
Just bought Fine Woodworking's Dvd " Mastering the Table Saw" by Kelly Mehler. It is obviously an American dvd but perfect for those with an American saw (I.e. Me, Ian, Noel, etc.)
It runs for 70 mins and is really good-his use of guards is cracking and dispells the"Yanks don't use guards" myth.
It's really worth a look if interested (or maybe we could set up a, uh huh, loan..... 8) )
Here's a link with a vid clip. http://www.taunton.com/store/pages/061014.asp
cheers
Philly :D

TX,
I havent got the book- we need to get together and then the truth will out!
Seriously, the dvd is very watchable without the book-its a standalone product. On the wrapper it is billed as a companion to the book, and i'm sure it would be useful as sometimes you really need to SEE things being done to fully understand.
cheers
Philly :D

Latest posts

Back