A little help with Inca Euro 260 please

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Henning

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all!

I could use a little help with my newly purchased INCA euro 260 (Or 342 as it's also known).
When i got it (For WAY cheaper than i ever thought i would :-D ) I managed, after much rummaging around an old knifemakers premises, to find both the rip fence and the crosscut thingy. I do miss one thing, though. The angle iron which the rip fence attaches to is missing. Could anyone with the same saw measure this for me?
Or if anyone by any chance has one of these surplus to requirements please PM me! (Although that sounds very unlikely)

Thanks in advance!

I'm sorry when i looked at my saw it doesnt have the original angle..its got an axminster upgrade one fitted ... but its just a angle with 3 slotted holes in it to suit the tapped holes in the bed. Slotted so you only have to loosen the bolts to slip the track off to change the blade.
If you have the original fence then you just need to find a length of angle to fit the fence ( thickness) and with a long enough part to reach the bolt holes...you may need to reduce the side that the fence fits on so the fence sits properly on the table.
looking at my saw it looks like you would need 25mm x 12mm or thereabouts

Ian

flh801978":2bdem9gu said:
I'm sorry when i looked at my saw it doesnt have the original angle..its got an axminster upgrade one fitted ... but its just a angle with 3 slotted holes in it to suit the tapped holes in the bed. Slotted so you only have to loosen the bolts to slip the track off to change the blade.
If you have the original fence then you just need to find a length of angle to fit the fence ( thickness) and with a long enough part to reach the bolt holes...you may need to reduce the side that the fence fits on so the fence sits properly on the table.
looking at my saw it looks like you would need 25mm x 12mm or thereabouts

Ian

Thanks a lot! I will probably be able to figure it out, but every bit of information helps!

If anyone else has this saw and can measure the angle iron which holds the rip fence, i'd be very happy.

Just had a look at my Inca and it is a type 342.186 so I should think that it is the same as yours.
Let me know on this thread if you need the sizes still and I will sort it out for you but it won't be until this evening.

Mine is also not the original. The one that came with it is cast iron, and not original, for some reason I fabricated another out of aliminium. I could do with making a third, proper one, if someone has the exact dimensions.
However, the Yahoo Inca forum may be the place to ask. I'll see what they say and get back.

John

John Brown":3nvb3eqf said:
Mine is also not the original. The one that came with it is cast iron, and not original, for some reason I fabricated another out of aliminium. I could do with making a third, proper one, if someone has the exact dimensions.
However, the Yahoo Inca forum may be the place to ask. I'll see what they say and get back.

John

I'll leave it to you then.

John Brown":2ljuulzn said:

John

Thanks!

I'll look into the Inca forum too, sounds like a nice place for when i next need some info.

powertools":25idb4ct said:
John Brown":25idb4ct said:

John

I'll leave it to you then.

Well, sorry to say that I've had no response from the Yahoo Inca group, so maybe you could measure yours?

I thought that this was done and dusted.
Bit short of time today but will make a start and may have to finish the post in the morning.
There is a bit more to this than meets the eye.
The bottom picture is as fitted to the saw.
The middle picture is off the saw
The top picture is the fixing bolts
The overall length of the part is 47cm and is metal angle of different width and thickness sides.
The upright side when fitted to the saw that the fence fixes to is 16mm high and 6mm thick.
The side that goes under the table and has the slots in is 40mm wide and 3mm thick.
The middle picture shows the part as it came off the saw so working from left to right as you see it the first slot starts 15cm in from the end and is 6cm long the second slot starts 31cm in from the same end and is also 6cm long.
Both slots are 12mm wide but the allen head fixing bolts are a standard 8mm thread but as can be seen in the first picture they have shoulders on them to take up the difference.
The opening from the first slot to to the side is to enable blade changes without removing the part you just slacken the fixing bolts line up the opening with that bolt and swing the part out. The opening is mid way along the slot.
I hope all that helps and don't forget there is a thank you button for forum posts.
If you need any more info just ask I have had the saw from new it is in original condition and I have the manual for it.
Forgot to say the side of the slots are 7.5mm in from the top edge as seen in the second picture.

Attachments

• CIMG1781.JPG
    CIMG1781.JPG
    203.8 KB · Views: 87
  • CIMG1782.JPG
    CIMG1782.JPG
    202.5 KB · Views: 87
  • CIMG1783.JPG
    CIMG1783.JPG
    155 KB · Views: 87
Hi Henning
IIRC you have my DVDs. Do you have WE10? There is a rip fence on there and although I show it fitted to a tablesaw, it could just as well be used for a bandsaw. It is excellent (I can boast that simply because it was not my original idea). It might give you some ideas of how you can attach your fence.
Good luck
Steve

Thanks a lot Powertools!

Seems I might need to brush up my welding skills to get that angle made up.
Or just get someone to do it... The joys of knowing a pro welder :-D

Steve; I do indeed have all your DVD's and will look into your suggestions when I start on this one.

Hei Henning,

My Euro 260 has the original angle fitted.

I took the following dimensions:
- Overall length: 475 mm
- Width of broad side: 40 mm
- Width of narrow side:15 mm
- Thickness of broad side: 2 mm
- Thickness of narrow side: 6 mm
- Distance from left side to T-slot: 150 mm
- Distance from left side to plain slot: 313 mm
- Length of both slots: 61 mm
- Width of both slots: 12 mm
- Distance of edge of T-slot to edge: 10 mm
- Distance of edge of plain slot to edge: 8 mm
- Radius of rounded corners: 6mm

Material appears to be galvanised steel.

Med vennlig hilsen,
rxh

Attachments

• IMG_0989C.jpg
    IMG_0989C.jpg
    238 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_0988C.jpg
    IMG_0988C.jpg
    187.8 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_0987C.jpg
    IMG_0987C.jpg
    210.6 KB · Views: 46
And thank you very much rxh! I think i should be able to figure it out now between all the information you all have kindly supplied.

Henning":1r9wvjqg said:
Thanks Mark!

I was hoping i could e-mail you for some tips when i start working on mine.

No problem Henning. Drop me a line if you need any help. You could even pop round and look at mine if necessary.

Mark

Back