A hungry oil-fired Rayburn.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MixedHerbs

Established Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I have just had to switch off my oil-fired Rayburn after realising that both it and my oil-fired central heating system have guzzled their way through £400 of oil in two months. I live in a four bedroomed house, not Buckingham Palace.

I moved into this house in August, thus my surprise. The Rayburn is an old fashioned drip-fed model. I have been told I can get it converted to use a pressure-jet system with a timer and a thermostat on the hot-water pipe.

Has anyone out there had experience of such a conversion? If so, are there any pitfalls or points to ponder? Ideally I would want an oven thermostat aswell. Can anyone make any recommendations?

The thing that really annoys me is that I can no longer afford a Lie-Nielson Miter Plane.

Regards, Peter.

I would look at your temperature controls :- thermostatic on all radiators also house insulation and control of drafts and the efficiency of boiler + rayburn(have they been serviced) money spent on controls can give a good return.
The proposed conversion would provide hot water when you need it and improve combustion efficiency

Back