A hello and which supplier question....

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lee R

Reaction score
Hi all.

First Post I think....

I've obviously made things many years ago, probably by luck more than anything, but I'm looking to gain more knowledge and get back into things for pleasure. Had a house extension built years ago so made stud walls, moved interior doors, laminate flooring etc

I'm a metal worker by trade so I've made a few table frames, garden benches, bird stand, etc but would like to get more into the wood side of things.

This recently stems from SWMBO redecorating the living room, me refusing to rub down the intricate fireplace surround to repaint it white gloss and uttering the words "I'd rather make you a new one!" Well, that backfired on me obviously but I've rather enjoyed it to be honest and it's almost finished - although it's fairly basic compared to most of you and your skill levels!

I'm pretty happy with the finish on that but I want to make some table tops in a shou sugi ban style but I'm struggling to find any of the really vibrant wood dyes UK based. All the blog and YouTube stuff seems to be the US of A! Any recommendations there at all? I don't want to necessarily buy cheap, but I want to buy correctly!

TIA

Back