A Forthcoming project - Oak Chairs

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dodge

Established Member
Reaction score
I have been liaising with a client who runs a craft school (Cardmaking/quilling/drawing and painting etc) who was looking for some strong, functional chairs for use in the room she uses with her customers.

Anyway after some discussions here is the sample chair which gained approval yesterday and ten of them have been ordered!

I will do a WIP when I come to make them in a few weeks but here are some pics to whet your appetites

DSCF4832.jpg

DSCF4836.jpg

DSCF4840.jpg

This one has not yet been glued up so that I can use the components for templates etc

Watch this space for the WIP!

Dodge":192scmvs said:
DSCF4840.jpg

This one has not yet been glued up so that I can use the components for templates etc

Watch this space for the WIP!

I can see that's a good, simple design and the inlaid back panel sets it off well. It obviously falls within the constraints of her budget, but the dead flat seat is going to be very hard on the bones of her students bums...I think if there was a thin, decorative cushion to go on top (say held in place by tapes) it would make them possibly a lot more comfortable? I fully expect you pointed the flat seat aspect out to her, but I'd be interested on why she opted for it? - Rob

Rob, she also does cushion making courses and plans to put some on the chairs as examples hence the flat seat bases.

Well pointed out though.

Dodge":30n79rjo said:
Rob, she also does cushion making courses and plans to put some on the chairs as examples hence the flat seat bases.

Well pointed out though.
From the original post Rog, I thought that might be the case. I think that once they're complete with the cushions they'll look rather good...looking forward to the WIP and seeing the completed chairs...end of the month? :mrgreen: (hammer) - Rob

woodbloke":2r5qq1mi said:
Dodge":2r5qq1mi said:

Well pointed out though.
From the original post Rog, I thought that might be the case. I think that once they're complete with the cushions they'll look rather good...looking forward to the WIP and seeing the completed chairs...end of the month? :mrgreen: (hammer) - Rob

Hmm, thats the bit thats slightly concerning - I have committed delivery by the end of May - technically she should have waited longer as I'm running about 5 month lead at the moment but as I'm ahead of schedule thought I could slot these in without upsetting my planned workload.

Dodge":3qipwl24 said:
Hmm, thats the bit thats slightly concerning - I have committed delivery by the end of May - technically she should have waited longer as I'm running about 5 month lead at the moment but as I'm ahead of schedule thought I could slot these in without upsetting my planned workload.

If things get a bit tight, I think you might have to slip into SuperDoge mode Rog :lol: :lol: - Rob

Sorry my mistake, I read this thread first.

I always look forwards to reading your WIP's, as a person new to the world of professional cabinet making it gives me something to aspire too.
I'll be making a round topped card table reproduction soon if I manage to succeed ill try to post a WIP for that also.

Latest posts

Back