A few T light holders

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steve Jones

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi folks,

For one reason or another I've been away from serious turning for about 12 months so last weekend I decided to turn a few simple T light holders out of a few smallish blanks I had 'in stock'. Materials used are Yew, Elm, Ash, Sycamore and one which I think is spalted pear.

5164565594_b2c779dc80_z.jpg

I've also include a close up of the grain pattern on the Yew as I thought it looked quite interesting. Pity I have no more of this particular piece left.

5164565894_465b30123c_z.jpg

All finished with sealer and friction polish or sealer and woodwax 22. I purposely left the glass holders protruding so I could get maximum number of holders out of the blanks I had available.

Comment welcome.

Steve :)

Very nice - I do like those flatter ones with the little coved area.

Looks like you had a nice relaxing re-introduction into wood spinning Steve, sometimes the pleasure of seeing a few bits of well finished wood come out of the days efforts gives as much pleasure as hours spent struggling with a masterpiece.

gandy":olqhodtr said:
they look really neat, and gives me ideas for xmas gifts.

Me too they are absolutely gorgeous! Following on from Mark Sangers recent posting ref candle holders and safety where do you get the glass holders from?

Ray

Thanks for all the comments,

Ray the glass holders are from Ikea, they do them in various sizes and they're reasonably priced.

Steve Jones":343h7s5y said:
Thanks for all the comments,

Ray the glass holders are from Ikea, they do them in various sizes and they're reasonably priced.

Steve I've been barred from Ikea but fortunately I've found some on ebay :D

Back