A few since Xmas....

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NikNak

Established Member
Reaction score
Not posted much for a while, so here's a bit of what i've been up to....

you may remember me saying i was given this 'offcut' of Zebrano worktop....

IMG_0241.jpg

well here's a couple of items made so far...

a fruit bowl/platter

IMG_0254Copy.jpg

IMG_0255Copy.jpg

IMG_0256Copy.jpg

and a simple chopping board (approx 450 x 300mm)
sander to 400 grit and one very thin coat of SS.... just to make it look nice

IMG_0266Copy.jpg

with a simple rebate for a finger hold

IMG_0267Copy.jpg

IMG_0268Copy.jpg

lastly a couple of pens and a magnet 'pick-up'

IMG_0302Copy.jpg

from a Lignum crown green ball

IMG_0303Copy.jpg

Pear from Winchester Cathedral

IMG_0304Copy.jpg

Pear again.....

That's all so far this year....

Oh, monster workbench up for grabs if anyone's interested..?

Nick

that wood looks good and works well as a platter and love that lignum pen :) looks like a timberbits spring blossom? if it is, is it any more substantial than for example his jnr gents?( i use lots of the jrs, just wondering what the extra few bucks gets.)

Nev.... you're right they do look like the Timberbits one, but actually they're from Axminster, see here...

http://www.axminster.co.uk/axminster-em ... rod861779/

I bought them back at the end of last year when they were selling them out at £20 for 3

Quite a nice kit for the price, and they do make a nice pen with a 'weighty' feel to it that makes them nice to use.

Nick

Time well spent and good finish throughout by the looks of it, particularly like the Lignum pen, darker wood works well with the fittings.

like both the pens - I also fell for the offer on the Empress and tagged them to an order; unfortunately the bushes didn't turn up (yet) and don't even have a date yet!

be pleased if I can turn out anything like yours

boysie39....

I handed it over yesterday (along with the chopping board) as a thank you for the large lump of Zebrano 'off-cut', so cant go and measure it. But its the maximum i could get on my Jet 1220 and seem to remember it being around 10 1/2" dia. Had sanding sealer and Woodwax22 as a finish.

Nick

Back