A few more saws--almost finished

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MikeW

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

Just wanted to post a few of the latest saws. Finish needs a bit of steel wool and waxed but they are almost finished.

Built a quicky backdrop and still need to diffuse the light a bit. The picture of the three I didn't see that my light had moved and was now making the picture too hot on the spines and too dark at the handle until afterwards.

Maybe this weekend I'll be able to work on taking pictures a little. I need it. Saws are easier...

First up is one of two No. 9s, one rip and one crosscut.

no9.jpg

A half back, 17 1/2".

hb.jpg

And all three.

grp.jpg

Take care, Mike

Mike,

I use Firefox but then I checked in IE and could see them. Back in Firefox I determined that it was my adblocker that was stopping them - I think just possibly because the word "ad" appears in the image properties as in ad/ad_0003.JPG for example. Turning off adblocker means I can see them.

They look great too!

Hi Chris,

Glad you can see them, and thank you for the compliment.

It could have also been because the "www." part was not in the image tag url, which I changed after seeing your message. Another person on another board couldn't see them using a mac, but I don't know which browser.

Just as way of pennance :lol: , here's the stair saw that was part of the same order. I nearly finished it last night:

stair.jpg

Take care, Mike

Mike,
I love the stairsaw - looks exactly right!

Waka, my adblocker is a FF extension that you can temporarily disable by right clicking a little menu item at the bottom RHs of the browser window - it says Adblock and is underlined with a dashed line.

Wow! thank you all for the praise!

For those interested, the prices are on the slightly updated saw page of my website--which is getting closer to being redone.

So for now there is just a direct link to it.

This has been a boon for my oldest son and I--for just the fact that we are able to once again work together. It has been over a year since two of my sons needed to go off to other work. Now one is back and we are looking for the other to be able to rejoin by summer.

That makes the long days and late nights worth every second.

Take care, Mike
who is feeling good working with a son again :D

Glad to hear that Mike! It sure is a pleasure to work with family (at least for a while :roll: :wink: )
Look forward to seeing your latest gem,
Philly :D

Philly":1hl3g2cb said:
...Look forward to seeing your latest gem,
Philly :D
Well, here's a large tenon saw that you may not have seen that shipped out today.

lg_tenon.jpg

12 ppi rip, 14" long, 3 7/8" usable depth of cut. Handle is Panamanian Rosewood.

Next ones that will be finished are a pair of Cocobolo small joinery saws, one rip, one crosscut. Or maybe it'll be the Mesquite saws... :-k

Take care, Mike.

Latest posts

Back