A few bits I have turned

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MattF

Established Member
Reaction score
Here are a couple of bits I have turned the big bowl I did yesterday have only been doing it for about a month now

Matt

Attachments

• bowl.jpg
    bowl.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 952
A month ?

Nice selection Matt, The bowl looks well finished.

It takes me about a month to turn just one piece. Can't wait to see what your turning next month.................Don't tell me its going to be a 6 foot bath. :-?

Take no notice of me I'm just jealous :mrgreen: :mrgreen: Very nice turning, you've definitely got the touch

Thank you for the nice comments that's just a few bits of what I have done.

I will take another photo of every thing that's in the house there are some other bits that I have given the family and some fire wood :oops:

Greg I have spent about 6 hours a day in the garage on the lathe I have been off work due to illness and this has helped me get going again.

Thanks Matt

Amazing output and quality considering how many different forms and techniques you have tackled in such a short time with success. Hollow forms, boxes, inlays, bowls, natural edge, goblets...no wonder we are all jealous. =D>

MattF":1dgu7oym said:
Here are the other bits

I notice there is no wood in the fireplace, come on own up, you've nicked it all for turning :lol: :lol:

Hi Matt , you sure can make a fine turning , and a finish as well , =D>
Are the months a lot longer where you are. :mrgreen:

Some nice looking bits there Matt, any chance of some more detailed photos of a couple of the bits? Good photos show items up so much better.

That little box with the two red bands looks interesting.

Thank you for the nice comments I will take some detailed photos and put a link to them.

The Vase in the first picture started off taller then I had a accident and then it lost 2" in height :oops:

Matt

Alli":1s42port said:
MattF":1s42port said:
Here are the other bits

I notice there is no wood in the fireplace, come on own up, you've nicked it all for turning :lol: :lol:

The natural edge bowl was out of the wood pile that's number two number one is at my parents mean's it was taken from there wood pile :)

Matt

Hi David
The black ring is burnt in with copper wire and the copper looking inlay is copper wire super glued in a groove then sanded with a 1200 grit sand paper
the day I did the inlay it was cold in the garage and I had trouble getting the glue to hold the wire.

Regards Matt

Back