A fair price for my Festool Domino

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ScouseKev

Established Member
Reaction score
My wife bought me a Festool domino 500 for our last anniversary.

I played about with it for half an hour and made a few practice joints...since then its been back in the box and never seen the light of day.

It came from D&M tools in January 2016 and also has the 2nd sustainer box full of Dominos. I've used 9 dominos.

It also has a full set of cutters.

I think she paid around £680 for it.

I just don't use it, so what is a reasonable selling price?

Thanks Kev

I would have thought you would get £450/£500 for the lot....It just depends on finding the right buyer that is willing to buy a second-hand tool such as the Domino 500. It may not seem like its second-hand to you as it has hardly been used, but you were always going to lose the value/price of the VAT you paid as soon as you/your wife paid for the tool initially.

I bought mine second-hand off a member of this forum and it was in very good condition and barely used. Admittedly, it was a few years old and in the old style Systainer case, but I was more than happy with the deal. He also sold me his stock of Dominos as well, but I bought my own Systainer case for them.

You dont see them up for sale second-hand very often, so I would have thought you should find a buyer without too much trouble.

Hi Kev,

I hope this isn't too forward, but as it happens, I recently missed out on a second-hand Domino 500 on a well known auction site and would certainly be interested in buying yours if the price is right.
If you're interested, then please PM me and we'll discuss things further.

Yours hopefully,
Dave

I bought the core kit new for £560...I bought a large box of 8mm Dominos for £20.

Current Axminster price is £586

But whatever you can get for it...

Thanks for the replies so far.
i've just checked and it also has the Domino trim stop and the Cross stop.
The same package is now £779.95

ScouseKev":w9j9jffh said:
Big help all those replies, i'll have to make a decision, do i don't i ??
If you need the money, or you have a plan to spend it on some other tool, do it.

Otherwise, keep it.

Look at it from a buyer's perspective: if I'm in the market for a domino, I could get a brand new machine only for about £550, or I could get your hardly used machine plus dominos plus trim stop attachments for... £550? £600? I'd go for that, personally.

Back