A customer for Gordon?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jonzjob

Established Member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
Ex nr Carcassonne, France. Now Corston Malmesbury
Sweet Revenge for a Broken Guitar

A musician named Dave Carroll recently had difficulty with United Airlines.

United apparently damaged his treasured Taylor guitar ($3500) during a flight. Dave spent over 9 months trying to get United to pay for damages caused by baggage handlers to his custom Taylor guitar. During his final exchange with the United Customer Relations Manager, he stated that he was left with no choice other than to create a music video for youtube exposing their lack of cooperation. The Manager responded: "Good luck with that one, pal."

So he posted a retaliatory video on youtube. The video has since received over 6 million hits. United Airlines contacted the
musician and attempted settlement in exchange for pulling the video. Naturally his response was: "Good luck with that one, pal."

Taylor Guitars sent the musician 2 new custom guitars in appreciation for the product recognition from the video that has led to a sharp increase in orders.

Here's the video, and it's GREAT! A Must Watch;

http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=5YGc4zOqozo

very good john, and a great tune as well.

my old man was shafted by UK surplus a big auction company that flogs MOD gear. so he built a website called UK surplus sucks and managed to get it higher than the actual website on google. he soon received a grovelling apology.

adidat

steve that has to be my favorite dub, along with the xbox 360 one. the original film der untergang (downfall) is excellent.

adidat

Just seen this and absolutely love it.

Serves the barstewards right. Catchy number as said.

Clearly the best publicity Taylor have ever had, I thought two guitars was a bit cheapskate but there you go.

Thanks for posting this John.

Thanks John for posting that, really made me smile, how I wish I could knock a video for U-tube for all the times I've been shafted by companies, as it happens I've never flown United but the US airlines I have used have all been OK, guess that luck (or rather bad luck) has alot to do with life.

Wot, you mean a bit like Uniteds new logo?

flyUnited.gif

Back