A Couple of simple pieces

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dalboy

Established Member
Reaction score
A Couple of simple pieces which I forgot to post the first is a clown from a glass ball and lights sold by Emma The tiny Turner and the second is a Pebble bowl named because of the shape from some spalted beech I had laying around both of these are the first pieces to be produced after spending 9 months renovating the garden and building a larger workshop which now gives me more exercise walking from one end to the other OK not that big only 20' X 10' but at least I can now swing the cat in there :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Clown made from odd bits and pieces in the woodstore
clown 1.jpgclown 2.jpg

The spalted bowl is 8" X 2 1/4"

DSCF2124.JPGDSCF2125.JPG

It just felt good to be back in the workshop turning again

I like the pebble - I produced one a few months back, more pebble and less bowl, excellent for nuts. I never set out to make it like this, sometimes you start out on a blank and it suggests what it wants to be. Go with the flow.

pebble.jpg

Plus, I grew up in North Devon and we used to swim most evenings off the pebble ridge at Westward Ho. Lots of pebbles. None of them floated though.

A Couple of simple pieces which I forgot to post the first is a clown from a glass ball and lights sold by Emma The tiny Turner and the second is a Pebble bowl named because of the shape from some spalted beech I had laying around both of these are the first pieces to be produced after spending 9 months renovating the garden and building a larger workshop which now gives me more exercise walking from one end to the other OK not that big only 20' X 10' but at least I can now swing the cat in there :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Clown made from odd bits and pieces in the woodstore
View attachment 126301View attachment 126302

The spalted bowl is 8" X 2 1/4"

View attachment 126303View attachment 126305

It just felt good to be back in the workshop turning again

Very nice shape & I like the spalting. Is it sycamore? I’ve tended to undercut the rims of bowls of that shape, but that looks good as well. I may pinch the idea and do one like that!

Emma’s project kits are very great aren’t they? Sadly my daughters are too old to appreciate that kind of stuff. Still, the granddaughter will in a couple of years!

Thank you both.

Very nice shape & I like the spalting. Is it sycamore? I’ve tended to undercut the rims of bowls of that shape, but that looks good as well. I may pinch the idea and do one like that!

Emma’s project kits are very great aren’t they? Sadly my daughters are too old to appreciate that kind of stuff. Still, the granddaughter will in a couple of years!
It is Beech. This was intended to be this shape I also do some with an undercut I just needed something simple after my break from turning as I mentioned above

Back