A couple of new items.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KimG

Little Woodworm
Reaction score
I had these at the NBG so some of you will already have seen them, but they are interesting enough I think to post in here.

First up is a medium sized rather rustic/decorative bowl in Laburnum, taken from a really old tree in the Preseli mountains, the heartwood had rotted out of the main trunk and this was a kind of fork area. Lots of shakes and dodgy bits in it, I was surprised it stayed in one piece!

Laburnum-Marble-5.jpg

Laburnum-Marble-4.jpg

Laburnum-Marble-3.jpg

Laburnum-Marble-2.jpg

Laburnum-Marble-6.jpg

Laburnum-Marble-1.jpg

next up is another electrified bowl, but in blue and silver, I really like the way the colours and the finish work on this.

Blue-Silver-1.jpg

Blue-Silver-2.jpg

Blue-Silver-3.jpg

Blue-Silver-4.jpg

Blue-Silver-5.jpg

Feel free to say what you like, not everyone likes coloured stuff I know! :)

Blue-Silver-5.jpg

Now that I really like, the finish is superb and shows the care, control and attention to detail that has been invested in it.

Are you doing your own electromogrification (?) with a microwave transformer or something?

A couple of gorgeous pieces there. Lots of big Laburnums towards Pembs too.

Got to agree with Chas on the finish on the electro bowl, but my preference would be the Laburnum bowl every time, absolutely gorgeous!

all I can say is beautiful I hope one day I have the skill to do this type of work !
but I do like the Laburnum bowl that's my style or hope to be .

Thanks all for the comments, much appreciated! yes it is an old microwave transformer that burns in the patterns Naznomad, :)

Cool (well, hot really), I've been meaning to butcher an old microwave and now I'm inspired.

KimG":gk7ltixk said:
Thanks all for the comments, much appreciated! yes it is an old microwave transformer that burns in the patterns Naznomad, :)

Very clever and inspiring stuff. I'd love to see a WIP or a how to of that elctro-whatever-it-is process.

A great couple of turned pieces Kim. I like both the first because of the natural beauty of the inclusion and grain pattern and the second with the effect that you have achieved as well as brining it out with the colours. Like some I have seen this done before on turning with great effect

I love the laburnum bowl, everything is right, shape, figure and all the inclusions, a real bit of wood.

Back