A chinese story worth seeing and hearing

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

devonwoody

Established Member
Reaction score
Its a 5mb video, so email me and I will mail back as an attachment if interested.

Indicate if you can use powerpoint

I have spent quite a lot of time in China due to my wife being Chinese and have seen some wonderful sights. Most of the cities are very modern to our standards here, not to mention much, much larger. I can certainly recommend a walk along the great wall too (its a killer) One of the most memorable occasions was an overnight stay at a mountain top temple where I could look down on the clouds! :eek: I have also found the people so friendly and helpful too. :wink:

Anybody else remember "China: Beyond the clouds", about a traditional old town?

It ran a few years ago.

Little old ladies are the same the world over, despairing of the young!

BugBear

It took us longer to cross Beijing by car than it does the length of Belgium, and that was not because of traffic congestion.

We also found the people extremely friendly, we walked through small town and village areas where we were the only Caucasians in site but were welcomed and greeted by everyone we passed.
Certainly a country of extreme contrasts with 5star hotels on the one hand and folks living and working in little almost 'medieval' villages in the mountains just a few miles away.
Just wish we had the funds to go and spend another month or so touring around.
Distances though are a shock first time around, makes travel around the USA seem like a trip down the shops. Three hour flights are not unusual between major cities, and you are still only halfway to anywhere, and what is now the Aswan Dam lake took us 4 days to traverse by boat.

mailee":azlqpbp4 said:
I can certainly recommend a walk along the great wall too (its a killer)

And when you have covered several kilometres, climbing those enormous steps, wondering how you are going to make it back you find a little family group selling a whole range of goods as though they had just set up on the local street corner.

Back