A Cheap Refurb!


Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:


Established Member
19 Oct 2002
Reaction score
Sudbury, Suffolk
I have an old B&D orbital sander attachment that lives on a drill that I use as my finishing sander. I have been doing quite a lot of sanding over the last week. :)
The last time I changed the paper I noticed that the rubber pad had a large grove across it middle :( reducing the effective contact area for the sander. :cry:
The cheap replacement for this is part of an old mouse mat, stuck on with thin double sided tape. The sander works like new again :lol: I have enough mat left to replace the pad again and its now one less thing on the shelf in the study 'that may be useful' :p

If you want to see what I have been sanding, look in the gallery.
No prizes for spotting the deliberate mistake :twisted:
(Only the draws have had any finish, I will post another picture when its all done and the feet are on :!: )