A change for the worse.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Limey Lurker

Established Member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
I've always read UK Workshop for pleasure; it has now become a chore. If the font was black it would be easier, so I'll occasionally check to see if it improves, but I wont be joining in the frolics until it does.

126 posts over 12 years, that's an average of 13 posts per year !! Doesn't seem like you're 'joining in the frolics' that often anyway tbh. Post count is usually irrelevant, but you made it sound like you were a serial poster. Quit whining, get involved and start making some shavings !

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

I've got 1345 posts (or 0.12% of ALL posts)...that only says how many times I've been moved to reply or ask a question. It doesn't say how how much time I actually spend on the fora. Some correspondents/posters seem to live for posting, judging by their output... :shock:

Others, notably DavidC, are remarkable for the paucity of their posted comments, but these address an issue in clear, specific terms.

Fisrt impressions? I don't get on with it either; please see my extended comment in another post. Comfort in utilage ("outillage") comes with practice, I know, so I'm giving it time, but I am not hopeful.

Sam

Just when I get used to using the forum you go and change it,why? This is one of the reasons I dislike computers why can't people leave things alone when they're working fine.Im sure folk wouldn't be very happy if people kept changing your machine settings.As an aside Coley should realise that just because a member doesn't post very often it doesn't mean that they aren't taking note of the forums advice and taking part in their own way

'Joining in the frolics' suggests he is a regular contributor. Reading a lot is different imho.

Limey Lurker":3643eslq said:
I've always read UK Workshop for pleasure; it has now become a chore. If the font was black it would be easier ...
You might be able to change the font and its colour to something you prefer. In IE, for example, you'll find all those controls in Tools/Internet Options/Fonts, and if you don't like the font colour change it in Tools/Internet Options/Accessibility. I'm not sure what options you have in other browsers, but as far as I'm aware most browsers have similar controls. Slainte.

I think the new layout is much cleaner and actually easier to read. Seems there are fringe benefits to change too.

I have no idea what the new layout looks like as I use tapatalk on my phone. Maybe worth trying that if you don’t like the new look?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ColeyS1":2ygds8cm said:
126 posts over 12 years, that's an average of 13 posts per year !! Doesn't seem like you're 'joining in the frolics' that often anyway tbh. Post count is usually irrelevant, but you made it sound like you were a serial poster. Quit whining, get involved and start making some shavings !

I said that I read the posts FOR PLEASURE; I didn't say it was my life's work. I'm NOT whining, I am prepared to wait and see if there is an improvement. If there is no improvement then I might try new glasses, but my pension is poor, so something else will have to go by the board.

Hi Limey Lurker.
Your original post said that if the font was black it would be easier. It was changed to black yesterday, and the background colour softened earlier today. Is this better?
If you are still having trouble with text size/contrast you can zoom in your own browser and the new website will reformat to fit. Let us know if you need any assistance. No need for new glasses.

The black text has certainly made it more easy to read.

I think the white background is a bitbharsh, many forums have a pale grey or pale blue background which is easier on the eyes.

Im getting used to the new look.

kevinlightfoot":33ihj5h6 said:
Just when I get used to using the forum you go and change it,why? This is one of the reasons I dislike computers why can't people leave things alone when they're working fine.Im sure folk wouldn't be very happy if people kept changing your machine settings

Because technology changes. That is one of the reasons they had to upgrade, to make it work better on phones.

transatlantic":21tmscvh said:
That is one of the reasons they had to upgrade, to make it work better on phones.
Tapatalk is a far superior way to read forums on the phone than using a browser, there is no need to make forum web pages work better on phones at the expense of the majority who use a PC.

pcb1962":36mgn22c said:
transatlantic":36mgn22c said:
That is one of the reasons they had to upgrade, to make it work better on phones.
Tapatalk is a far superior way to read forums on the phone than using a browser, there is no need to make forum web pages work better on phones at the expense of the majority who use a PC.

If you say so :)

I don't know how people can use forums on their phone. Perhaps for reading, but not for interacting. I'd rather wait until I get to a desktop PC and a nice cup of tea

Back