A Bit of History

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Harbo

In Memorium
Reaction score
Just back from a week in NYC and I see lots of things have happened!

On annoying thing for me (apart from paying entrance fees) was that they allow photographs to be taken in their Museums and galleries. This results in just about everything being photographed with visitors posing and blocking the exhibits. It did however allow me to take these shots of some 4k old boxes and tools from the Egyptian section at the MET.

egypttoolsts6.jpg

egyptbox1ix0.jpg

egyptbox2eh3.jpg

The white storage box showing dovetails.

Whilst over there I "strayed" into Brooklyn to visit Tools for Working Wood". With the weakness of the £ did not buy too much - but could not resist a Gramercy D/T kit and the new Carcass saw kit! Now where's my black walnut?

Rod

hehe I have just ordered from Tools for working wood. It'd have been small enough to fit in your hand luggage! :roll: :wink:

Wasn't tempted by the new Veritas planes? Or did you miss them?

Those Egyptian chests look 'Art Deco'. I guess they thought of it first :D

Wizer I do not think Joel sells Veritas stuff - a lot of his goodies are European?
I did mean to buy one of his brushes but forgot - it was probably recovering from the walk from the subway and the 5 fights of stairs (the lift man was at lunch!!) that floored me? Also the wife was in tow!

Apart from rumours before I went on holiday, I did not know about all these new goodies until I got back.

Lots of sales under way - I resisted a $3000 suit reduced to $800 in Saks and my wife did not like the $2500 handbags reduced to $1500 which the ladies were fighting over in Bloomingdales!
:)

Rod

I love the look of the white box, especially the adze marks. And 4000 years ago the Egyptians could make dovetails much better than me!

Interesting, isn't it, that it would be impossible to date that box if you didn't know its provenance?

Latest posts

Back