a big one !

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like the manufacturer is still going so you could ask them for details.

It looks rather like a big Wadkin and certainly very heavy. If you need the length and have the space then go for it.
The outboard spindle isn't offset, that's just the perspective in the photo.

It sure does look solid. However, as pointed out, its pretty low power and only three speeds. Will that be flexible enough?? I suppose you could modify it with new motor and electrics but who knows how big a job that will be on this unknown make? I haven't seen any others.

€1000 seems reasonable for something that big. The French do seem to pay very high prices for second hand goods though so I wonder if it really has many attractions for the 'modern' turner.

Is that a 3 phase plug I see on it?? Looks a bit bigger than the usual one. But then at such low power maybe not!!

HI If you have the space and it suits your budget buy it only if you have 3 phase power the 380w I think is a mistake and it is 380 volt 3 phase. Looks like a wadkin copy nRegards Roger C

I don't have the big Wadkins so cannot comment on how like it this is. I have the BZL which is only 900 between centres and has noticeable differences from this.

The motor power is an anomaly and I would like to think Roger is right about it being the voltage and this is a 3 phase machine; certainly the plug doesn't look like the usual continental 'mains' plug. The advantage of the 3 ph motor is that you can drive it via an inverter from ordinary mains to get variable speed; but that would add £200-300 for this size of lathe.

I guess there must be a panel round the back for accessing the drive belt - and then re. the outboard drive, what actually is the 'shaft' projecting out at the level of the speed change lever ?

It does have a good throw distance, but only you, Sue, will know if you want that length of bed - it's pretty massive.

Rob

Back