A Behomoth of a desk

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If nobody posted work, Cabinetman, we'd sit around discussing bandsaws vs tablesaws, and what P/T to buy, until the cows came home. Some people think it's showing off. Others enjoy it.........you can't please everyone, but whatever, it's way better than discussing bloody sharpening for the umpteenth time.

Last edited:
I know it’s really stupid, but I didn’t get those shots, will be going back so will definitely get it then, One of the above photos shows one of the barrels sort of in pieces well that’s the door on the right. Ian

bit like the Forth bridge......and almost as big......
no wonder u got fed up seeing it everyday......never ending nightmare......
bet ur glad it's done now......how many bags of dust and shaving did u make.....
nice work....the little trolley was a nice handy touch....

Rather stupidly hadn’t realised that the bags were full and when I came to empty them
A2F5560C-8079-4F51-97D6-E0AA5AB19912.jpeg
0906ED06-FF27-4FA9-9BB4-144226609428.jpeg
it made a right b....... mess. I’m fortunate I’ve got a contact that takes all my dust and shavings for chickens and other animals. It was a pain to get rid of before that.

I really like threads with bespoke designs.

Sometimes I make stuff that other people may not like design wise, and use methods that some may not agree with, but design is about making what the client wants and doing it really well. I think you produce really good quality work to be proud of. Very good thread and thanks for posting. This is what makes this forum great.

Adrian

Thanks Adrian. I’ve been designing and making furniture for as long as I can remember. It’s a great gift to be able to imagine something in your minds eye, and have the skill and equipment to be able to turn it into a beautiful object.
I’m fortunate that most of what I produce is for me now.

As a complete and utter novice, this sort of thing is inspiring. Execution and adapting to available materials and equipment and delivering on an idea.

Really enjoyable,

thank you for sharing.

That looks amazing, massive credit to you and in a way, your client.

Been lurking for a while, but not posted much (maybe not at all!), so use that as an indication of how impressed I am :)

That is one hairy beast of a project, which you can be justifiably proud of. An excellent piece of work that your client will have bragging rights on for many many years.

Thank you for posting the pictures

I'd also like to echo the sentiments of SimonB13 and Bodone. These kinds of posts are so inspiring for a novice hobbyist such as myself. They give a real insight into the craftsmanship, skill and technique that goes into such a bespoke piece of work. Thanks for taking the time to share with us.

@Cabinetman That's looks great! You're not too far from me. Where do you source your timber?

Loving the bespoke extension to the sliding table!

Hi Nick, no you’re not far away at all are you. As you know I live in Caistor and my workshop is in Grimsby the Timberyard I use is Somerscales in Keelby. A big old yard but friendly, they allow you to pick the bits you want, they do their own manufacturing of gates and timber frames/ beams and things, they also produce a very nice line in solid oak flooring which I have, and Ash which a friend of mine fitted in his house, very smart. Ian

Back